Hikers and climbers can now access real full-resolution USGS topographic 1:24k quads with side-scrolling multi-zoom map capabilities.
In addition, quads can be graphically selected for storage on the device for access where you need it most, away from cellular and WiFi coverage!
Current Map and GPS positions are available in latitude/longitude and UTM coordinate systems. NAD27 and NAD83 are supported.
Available Map Sources:
- USGS (United States and borders)
- Toporama (Canada)
- OpenCycleMap (World)
- OpenStreetMap (World)
11 Zoom Levels are available to give full resolution quadrangles. Simply pinch to zoom in or out! Get in close for details, or zoom out to see your whole area!
Select quadrangles graphically just by double-tapping! No need to mess with coordinates or obscure quadrangle names.
GNIS (Geographic Names Information Service) database included for Features of Interest lookup. Lookup features (summits, waterfalls, streams, etc) and add them as waypoints! No need to type in waypoints by hand. You can also search the database in an area and it will label all local features. ~700k entries available at the touch of a finger!
All 50 United States States included.
- Full Resolution 1:24k USGS Quads
- UTM and latitude/longitude
- Meters and Feet
- NAD27 and NAD83 datums
- Cache maps on your phone!
- Display and record Tracks
- Editable Waypoints- Just tap to place or lookup by name.
- Course and Speed
- Bearing / Distance to Waypoints
- Magnetic Declination Calculations
- Map works in portrait and landscape positions!
- GPS Location and Map following
- Look up GNIS locations from geographic formations (like Summits, Streams, Falls, Cliffs, etc) and add them as Waypoints. Have iTopoMaps label neighboring features!
When in Grid Mode, simply double tap an area to select a quad for download! Downloads happen in the background and can be restarted where you left out! Wifi/3G recommended for Quad downloads.
GPS is not required for map usage, but adds to navigation functionality. New feature requests are always welcome!
Some map data is provided by 3rd parties. Availability and coverage are not guaranteed.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.
Comments are closed.